Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Storybird- Comics brings fun and knowledge

The first time I learnt about that comics could apply to education purpose is in one of my grammar class, my teacher used comics strips to demonstrate certain grammar knowledge, embedded with grammar structure within it. At that time, as a student myself, find out this way to teach grammar is quite engaging. 

So, today I made my own comics which are focus on grammar as well. This Thanksgiving Plan comics focus on demonstrate the way of how to asking for people's opinions. And two structure I used here is quite basic and simple one: how about/what about doing something. 
Overall, I think the idea of introducing grammar via comics is great for teachers. Also, I think instead of making students do regular grammar exercises, asking them to make their own comic strips with the apply of target structure is a good way to check their understanding as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Your story was a good example of how to introduce a unit on giving/getting opinions. I'm sure that your students would enjoy seeing such a video and creating their own to show they understand the concept.

    ReplyDelete